[CLOSED] GIVEAWAY + REVIEW (30/5/2016 to 13/6/2016): The Face Shop 99% Damyang Bamboo Gel
I realized that I keep doing skincare review here. When will I do makeup review??? I promise I really really like makeup. I am just waiting to receive my shiny new goodies from a friend (Hint, hint: The brand is debuting in Malaysia in July!)
Anyway, I digress. I bought The Face Shop 99% Damyang Bamboo Gel when they are having 1+1 sale couple of months ago. I was actually looking for aloe vera gel after I tried one from Nature Republic, and when I saw the 1+1 sale I need to get it! The staff showed me the texture difference between the bamboo gel and the aloe vera gel, and you can really feel that the bamboo one is more hydrating, therefore I opt for the bamboo gel. My logic is definitely flawed. Came for the aloe but bought the bamboo version instead.
Damyang is a place in Korea and supposedly they got the bamboo extract for the gel there. The packaging looks like a section of bamboo cut out. It's super cute. Did I tell you it's also humongous? I had only gone through half of it after two months.
Ingredients; Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, Rhizobian Gum, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Casor Oil, Acrylates, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, , Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance
|Bambusa Vulgaris Extract|
|Rhizobian Gum||Viscosity Control|
|or PEG-40 Castor Oil||Surfactant|
|Potassium Hydroxide||pH Adjusters|
|Acrylates||no matched results|
Note: Lower numbering depicts safer ingredient
There's a few things that I like about the gel and few that I don't like.
1. It is incredibly soothing. Sometimes I put it on a cotton pad and stick it on my feet whenever I had long walks
2. I had turned it into a perfumed lotion. The gel was good as a moisturizer, but if you mix a dollop with few drops of perfume, it'll turn cloudy and will become like a lotion instead. It did not separate even after few weeks. I had success with both oil and alcohol based perfumes.
3. I had used it as a base to fix my broken highlighter. I do not know how I got the inspiration lol. I think I ran out of rubbing alcohol and just said "screw it" and try adding the gel instead. To my surprise, it actually worked! I actually want it to be a cream type highlighter by adding the gel, but it dried out just like rubbing alcohol will dry. It takes longer to dry (around 2 days) but using it while it's in the spongey texture was actually fun too.
4. I used it as a sleeping mask. It worked well, but I still prefer my Laneige sleeping mask. I also use it as a base to mix with my powder mask.
5. I used it as a sunburn treatment. When your face feels like melting under the sun and you pat this on, you will feel like heaven. Seriously, keep the jar inside the fridge and slap this on when it's 32 Celcius. Your skin will thank you. It's like an ice cream treat for the skin.
6. It smells fresh. It smells like green tea/bamboo leaves after rain. So refreshing.
|closeup of the gel|
1. Alcohol content. Alcohol in skincare can irritate sensitive skin. BAD
2. Not mixing well with foundation. One of the reason I got it is to mix it with my foundation so that I can have a tinted moisturizer. Probably my foundation contains a lot of silicon and somehow it just doesn't want to mix well with the foundation.
3. It is not as smoothing as the Nature Republic Aloe Gel. Which is the first reason why I wanted that aloe vera gel so much. Cue sad face.
Overall, the gel is actually so versatile. I feel that everyone should have either this gel or aloe gel to help face the sun especially in our weather. Therefore, I want to give ONE NEW 99% DAMYANG BAMBOO GEL to A LUCKY READER. Follow the steps below!
- BE IN MALAYSIA. more specifically, the address of the package to be send out must be in Malaysia. You can be across the world, but if you have an address in Malaysia, you're qualified!
- FOLLOW THIS BLOG PUBLICLY.
Mobile users have to change to web version to find this widget on sidebar
- COMMENT ON THIS POST AND ANY OTHER POST ON MY BLOG. Let me know if you want to enter and leave your email! Both comments must be posted from 30/5/2016 to 13/6/2016 to qualify. If you posted a comment before this duration, please find a new post to comment.
THAT'S IT! Only 3 simple steps! A few rules to make everything fair and square:
- Winners will be picked randomly. Result is final and cannot be contested.
- Giveaway duration is from 30 MAY 2016 until 13 JUNE 2016 (11.59PM). Winner will be contacted through email on 14 JUNE 2016 and announced on another post.
- If the winner does not respond after 24 HOURS, new winner will be chosen. CHECK YOUR EMAIL!
- Item will be sent out to the winner within 2 weeks.